Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Red Joker

Hey, I haven't posted in a bit, but I'm still going. I've beaten some more chumps.

Earlier, this woman in a bask approached me. The mask was black with a backwards red question mark on it.

"You've gone a while without posting, Gordon," she said.
"Who are you?" I demanded.
"I'm the Red Joker," she said. "And I was simply curious as to why you haven't been keeping your blog up to date."
"Guess I just haven't had anything interesting to post about," I said.
"Well, why don't I give you something interesting," she said, strapping a duel disk to her wrist.
"Heh, now you're speaking my language," I said. I hadn't dueled anyone since that Saylo guy with his stupid Starlight cards.

"I'm feeling generous, so you can take the first move," I said to her.
"Very well," she said, drawing. "I'll start by normal summoning Convocation Kestrel."
A bird appeared before her. It was level 3, with 1300 attack and 1000 defense.
"Now I end my turn," she announced.

"That all?" I asked, drawing my card. "In that case, I summon Willing Doll Of The Wooden Girl!"
A knife wielding man with 1600 attack and 2200 defense appeared. As an earth attribute monster, it doesn't really fit with my deck's theme, but it does have a useful effect.
"I activate the effect of my Willing Doll," I said. "By sending the top two cards of my deck to the graveyard, I can have him gain 500 attack until the end phase."
The cards I sent to the graveyard were Flamvell Guard and Megamorph.
"Now, attack!" I shouted. The Willing Doll charged at the bird, but it didn't die. She took the damage from the attack, but the bird was still there.
"You don't seem to understand my card's power," she said. "You see, each Convocation card is a Fear, meaning they can only be destroyed in battle with other Fears."
"In that case, I'll set a card face down and end my turn," I said.

"My move, then," she said. "I'll summon Convocation Sparrow!"
This bird was a smaller one, level 3 with only 800 attack and defense.
"Sparrow's effect lets me special summon a Convocation card in my hand," she said. "So my Convocation Pigeon will be joining these two!"
Another bird appeared, another level 3 with 1400 attack and 1300 defense.
"Since I control three level 3 monsters, I can use all three of them to xyz summon The Crow!" she said.
This time, it was a human she summoned. He had jet black hair, wore a glove on his left hand, and was carrying a whip. He had 2200 attack and 1600 defense.
"By using an overlay unit, I can reduce your monsters attack power by half," she said. The Crow charged his whip with lightning and shocked my monster, weakening it. Then he attacked.
"I activate the trap card Magic Cylinder!" I said. The attack was negated and she took damage equal to the monsters attack.
"I end my turn," she said, disappointed.

"Now I'll go," I said. "I summon Armageddon Knight! And with his effect, I can send a dark monster from my deck to the graveyard! So I'll use that effect to get rid of my Red Eye Black Chick. Next, I use these two level 4 monsters to xyz summon Crimson Knight Of The Brute!"
The Crimson Knight appeared, with 2400 attack and 1000 defense. With it's power, that Crow guy wouldn't last long.
"By using one of his overlay units, I can have him gain 700 attack until the end phase, but I can only use that effect once per turn," I said. "So now his power is at 3100. Now, crush that worthless Crow!"
The Knight attacked and her Crow was destroyed. She was down to 4100 life points.
"I set a card and end my turn," I said.

"I draw," she said. "Next, I summon Convocation Hawk!"
This monster was level 4 with 1700 attack and 500 defense.
"I'll use Hawk's effect now!" she said. "Now I can special summon a Convocation card in my graveyard, so I'll select Convocation Kestrel. And when Kestrel is special summoned, I can increase it's level by one!"
"Two level 4 monsters?" I asked.
"That's right," she said. "And I'll overlay the two of them to bring out the Faceless Bastard!"
This new monster was a man in a mask holding a machete. He had 2500 attack and 1300 defense.
"Now, attack!" she ordered.
"I use the trap card Dark Armor Of The Underworld!" I said. "By discarding a card and reducing my monsters attack by 500 until the end phase, I can prevent it from being destroyed in battle this turn!"
The attack hit and I took damage, but my monster was fine. The card I discarded was Meteor Dragon.
"Don't think it's over yet," she said. "By removing one of Faceless Bastard's overlay units, he can attack again."
She struck my knight two more times and ended her turn.

"Now that it's my turn again, my knight regains his power," I said. "Now, I'll use an overlay unit to boost his power some more, and attack!"
Now her Faceless Bastard was finished, so I ended my turn.

"I think it's time I got serious," she said. "I normal summon Convocation Hummingbird."
This time it was a level 1 monster with 300 attack and 400 defense.
"By using Sparrow's effect, I can special summon one level 3 or lower Convocation monster in my hand, so I'll bring forth my level 3 Convocation Raven!"
this new monster had 1700 attack and 0 defense.
"When Raven is special summoned, I can bring out a second Raven from my deck," she said. "By the way, Hummingbird is a tuner monster."
My first thought when she said that was CRAP!!! With a tuner monster and one or more non-tuner monsters, she could perform a synchro summon of a monster whose level was equal to the total level of the synchro materials.
"Now, I tune my level 1 Hummingbird to my two level 3 Ravens to synchro summon my level 7 Convocation Phoenix!" she declared.
This one was a huge, flaming bird with 2600 attack and 2100 defense, and it looked angry.
"Next, I activate the effect of Convocation Owl in my hand," she said. "By discarding it, I can double my Phoenix's attack this turn. Now, destroy that worthless Knight!"
So yeah, I took 2800 damage and my knight got destroyed. That was very painful. The damage is still toatlly real.
"I think I'll let you off easy and end my turn," she said.

I drew, and grinned broadly. It was finally here.
"I banish the fire attribute Crimson Knight and Meteor Dragon, along with the dark attribute Armageddon Knight and Red Eyes Chick, to call forth my ace monster!" I declared. "Come on out, Burning Shadow Dragon!"
The dragon raged before me, staring down at her pathetic Phoenix.
"Now, I banish Flamvell Guard to boost his attack by 1000," I said. "Now, attack!"
The attack hit, and she took damage, but of course the monster survived.
"You can only defeat my Phoenix with another Fear," she reminded me.
"I activate the quickplay spell Darkfire Inferno!" I said. "Since a level 7 or higher dragon type monster attacked this turn, I can select on monster in play and destroy it! So you can kiss your Phoenix goodbye!"
The blast of black flames consumed her phoenix and destroyed it.
"Now I end my turn," I said.
"You underestimate my monsters power," she said. "During the end phase, if Phoenix is destroyed by an effect, I can special summon it back to the field!"
The Phoenix returned, but I wasn't worried. It was still no match for my Dragon. Or so I thought.

"I draw!" she announced. "Next, I activate Card Destruction, so now we both discard our hands and draw the same number of cards."
We both did so.
"Now, I use the spell card Eclipse Of Fear," she said. "Now, I can banish any level 7 or higher Fear cards in either players graveyard to have a Fear monster I control gain 1000 attack for each of them. Now, I banish the Convocation Eagle I just discarded to power up my Phoenix. Now, destroy his dragon!"
"I activate the effect of the Crawling Chaos Dragon in my hand!" I declared. "By discarding it, I can have my monster survive this an attack!"
"I'm afraid that won't matter," she said. You see, when Eagle is banished from the graveyard, I can select one Convocation card I control and have it attack an extra time this turn. So you can survive the first attack, but the second one is sure to destroy it!"

And it did. My dragon was gone. I was outraged. Fury flowed through me.
Are you going to take that!? a voice in my head asked. Are you going to allow this woman to get away with destroying the card that has brought you so far!?
No, I thought. I will not tolerate it!

My vision started going red as I drew my next card. I didn't need to look at the card I had drawn. I already knew what it was, for my hatred was guiding me.
"You've severely underestimated me, woman," I said. My voice had grown deeper, and more hostile. I loved it. "Burning Shadow Dragon was just the beginning. Now, by banishing it from my graveyard, I can special summon The Chaotic War Dragon, Brute!"
The new dragon towered over the both of us. It was humongous, with massive wings, and smoke surrounding it. It was the most amazing thing in the world. And, to top it off, it was a Fear. It was level 12, with 3500 attack points and 3000 defense.
"During my battle phase, I can have the Brute gain 500 attack points for each of my banished monsters!" I said. "Which brings it up to 6500! Now, end this!"
The Brute blasted the Phoenix with smoke, annihilating it and reducing her life points to 0.

"Good job," she said, approaching me. I was honestly disappointed that she wasn't hurt. "Here is your prize."

She gave me the Convocation Phoenix and vanished.

I now have three Fears under my control. And the Brute... so strong. I've never seen a card like this before. I'm unbeatable! Come at me Saylo! There's no way you can stop me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment