Saturday, August 11, 2012

There's Another Duelist Here

I saw him strolling by a building shaped like a knight chess piece. As soon as he saw me, he ran inside. I figured he was afraid of me, and decided to chase him inside. I chased him through the building and up to the top. I lost track of him. I exited through a door and found myself on the horses nose. I stepped close to the edge to try to get a good view of this strange world. Then I heard the door slam. I turned around and saw the man standing there. This was a trap.

"Nice to finally meet you," he said. "Your name is Gordon, correct?"
"Yes," I said. "How did you know that?"
"I know a lot of things," he said. I don't know, but I was really bothered by the fact he was wearing shades. I couldn't see his eyes at all. He then pulled his duel disk out of his bag and strapped it to his wrist. I did the same. I knew where this was going.

"I'll begin!" he announced. "I summon Starlight Magister in attack mode."
This really cute girl with a star themed magical girl outfit appeared. She was level 4, with 1400 attack and 1000 defense.
"I'll now activate her effect," he announced. "I can now special summon a level 4 or lower Light spellcaster-type monster from my hand. Now I summon Neo The Magic Swordsman. And by overlaying these two Light monsters, I xyz summon Starlight fighter."
This girl was pretty badass looking, with 2200 attack points and 1500 defense.
"By using an overlay unit and discarding a card,  can raise my life points by 1000 and deal you 1000 points of damage," he said. I was suddenly hit with a blast of light and was almost knock over. The damage was real, and I was standing at the edge of a giant horses nose. Not good.
"I end my turn," he said.

"Okay!" I said, drawing. I had the Burning Shadow Dragon. Perfect. I just needed to get the right cards into my graveyard. "I'll start with Darkfire Blast! By sending a Dark and a Fire monster from my deck to the graveyard, I can deal you 1000 damage!"
"I activate the effect of the Damage Eater in my graveyard," he said. "By banishing it, I can negate the damage and increase my life points by the same amount."
Great. He was at 10000 and I was at 7000. But I wasn't about to give up yet.
"I activate Star Blast," I said. I select one monster in my hand or on my field, and reduce its level by one for each 500 life points I pay! So I'll pay 2000 to make Plague Doctor level 4, so now I can normal summon him!"
The Doctor appeared. With a Fear on my side, there was no way this guy was gonna take me down. At least, that was my thought.
"I use Plaguey's effect to add a Plague Counter to your monster, weakening it by 300 points," I said. "As an added bonus, Plague Doctor gains 100 attack points for every Plague Counter in play. Now, attack!!"
The attack hit and he took 400 damage.
"I end my turn," I said.

"Very well," he said, drawing. "I'll start by special summoning Starlight Archer."
A beautiful woman with a bow and arrows appeared. She was level 4, with 1800 attack and 300 defense.
"She can be special summoned when my life points are 2000 or more greater than yours are," He explained. "Also, if I control a Light spellcaster-type monster, I can normal summon Starlight Warlock to the field."
This next monster was wearing much darker clothing than the others, and was carrying a staff. It was level 7 with 2000 attack and 1000 defense.
"Next, I activate Starlight Change," he said, throwing a spell card down. "By reducing one Light monster's power to zero, I can add it to a different Light monster. So I'll add Archer's power to my Warlock. Now, attack the Plague Doctor!"
The shock wave from the attack almost sent me flying over the edge, but the Plague Doctor grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me back up. After catching my breath, I looked back up at my opponent.
"Joke's on you, pal," I said, gleefully. "The good Doctor can only be destroyed in battle by other Fears!"
"That's exactly what I was hoping for," he said, smiling. "I activate the effect of my Warlock. Since your monster survived that assault, I can discard a card to destroy it with her effect."
And like that, my monster was gone.
"Now, I use Archer's effect," he continued. "Since your monster was destroyed by an effect, I can deal you damage equal to it's level multiplied by 200, adding up to 1600 damage."

She fired her arrow, and this time, I really did fall over the edge. My fall was broken by a masked woman. As soon as I got up, I pinned her to the wall.
"You can't kill me!" she said. "Card's are off limits! I'm forbidden fruit!"
"Excuse me?" I asked.
"I work for the Game Master!" she said. "You're not allowed to hurt me, Gordon."
"How do you know my name?" I demanded.
She tapped the edge of her mask. It was solid white, with a diamond and a really elaborate looking K.
"This thing let's me know everything about all of the competitors," she said.
"If that's the case, who was that guy who just beat me?" I demanded.
"His name is Saylo Xdranyl," she said. "I can't tell you any more than that."
"Who are you?" I asked.
"I am the  King of Diamonds," she said.
"But you're a girl," I pointed out. I was promptly bitch slapped. Then she disappeared.

I could find that Saylo guy afterwards. I'm not completely sure why I know how to spell his name, I just do. Maybe it's for the same reason I can remember all of my duels so vividly. I don't know. I'm gonna sign off now. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment